I just had to post this from the mailing list.
Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB)
ADMU Disaster Response and Management (DREAM) Team
TASK FORCE NOAH
for the victims of Typhoon Frank
Typhoon FRANK (International Codename: Fengsen) caused vast damages to lives, properties and livelihood of our follow countrymen over the weekend. As of the latest report, the number of casualties has been increasing. Damages were greatly felt in some regions where the actual path of the typhoon crossed. Almost all of the province of Iloilo is submerged in water. People are still stranded on top of the roofs of their houses for two days now in some towns of Iloilo. Other areas of the Visayas are also calling for aid.
As of 23 June 2008:
- 10,000 families (40,000 individuals) affected of 20 provinces, 10,000 families are in 275 evacuation centers and increasing.
- Under State of Calamity: Provinces of Iloilo, Capiz, Masbate. Cities of Iloilo, Roxas, Zamboanga (selected areas). Municipalities in Bulacan-Paombong and Marilao
- NDCC: Floods, storm surge and landslides mostly in the Visayas and Southern Tagalog have affected 366,444 people. Of the total number of affected people, 182,686 were in the Western Visayas, including 155,005 in Antique province alone.
- Stranded 5,095 passengers, 288 rolling cargo, 90 trucks, 59 passenger buses, 48 small vehicles, and eight sea vessels.
ILOILO Facts “BULIG ILOILO”
- Philippine National Red Cross; based on field reports from PNRC staff, the death toll had reached 229, with 101 reported in Iloilo alone.
- Iloilo Gov. Neil Tupas earlier said 59 people drowned in the province while another 40 were missing. “Almost all the towns are covered by water. It’s like an ocean,” Tupas said, adding thousands have been displaced in the province that is home to 1.7 million people.
- Health Secretary Francisco Duque also said he received reports that the Aniway District Hospital in Iloilo, was submerged in floodwaters as deep as six feet.
- Almost all of Iloilo’s 42 towns and this city, including those that had not previously experienced flooding, were under water according to Jerry Bionat, Executive officer of the Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council (PDCC).
- Power outrage reported in Iloilo City; including Odiongan town, Romblon and Antique Province
Our contacts in the Philippine Air Force are willing to fly even round-the-clock relief operations for Typhoon Frank’s victims but unfortunately they tell us there are no relief goods to airlift. We are appealing for donations like ready-to-eat goods, water, clothing and/or cash/check for the victims of Typhoon Frank. Primary target of this initiatives are the heavily affected communities and areas not normally reached by relief operations. We intend to send the relief donations immediately for the urgent need of the victims.
You may directly donate your goods: ready-to-eat goods, clothing, water at Room 102 Cervini Residence Hall, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
Contact Person: Mr. Tim Gabuna
Trunkline: 426-6001 local 5932
Direct line: 426-6119
Mobile number: 0920-9609802
Direct deposits may be made to:
SIMBAHANG LINGKOD NG BAYAN (Account Name/Payee)
Bank of the Philippine Islands (Loyola-Katipunan Branch)
Peso Checking Account Number : 3081-1111-61
Dollar Savings Account Number : 3084-0420-12
Or channel to:
Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan
Loyola House of Studies
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City
Landline : 426-6101 loc. 3440/3441
Telefax : 426-5968
Mobile : 0922-8600-752 (SUN-8600-SLB)
Look for: Ms. Marj Tejada
For proper acknowledgement:
- Please fax a copy of the validated deposit slip to SLB through telefax 426-5986
- Kindly indicate contact information: Name, address, email, land line/mobile
- Those who wish to be anonymous may skip this procedure
FOR GCASH TRANSACTION:
- Any Globe or TM subscribers should be registered first in Gcash before doing any Gcash transaction.
- To register, just text the syntax:
REG_4 digit M-PIN/mother’ s maiden name/first name/last name/address and send to 2882
Ex: REG 1234/Getino/ Liwanag/Ferdinan d/766 Metrica St. Sampaloc Manila and send to 2882
- When the subs already done with cash in, he may now able to do donate or any Gcash transaction he wanted
To Donate: Just text the syntax
DONATE_AMOUNT_ 4 digit M-PIN_INSTITUTION CODE and send to 2882
Ex. DONATE 100 1234 SLB and send to 2882
BRO. ISMAEL JOSE CHAN-GONZAGA, S.J.
Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan
MR. ADEL BRIONES
Associate Director, CCS
Ateneo School of Government
Convenor, ADMU DREAM TEAM